You may have noticed, lately, that most of my posting is done on Mondays. The simple fact is, Monday is one of my day’s off, so I typically spend it at my mother-in-law’s house, taking care of Eli and doing laundry while Melissa is at work. Since there is wifi at the mother-in-law’s, I’m able to update and share what I’ve been thinking about for the past week.
I just finished week two of my fitness plan/diet. I’m very happy to report that I lost two pounds in the past week! My goal has been to loose one pound per week, but I won’t begrudge the added bonus. So, in the spirit of celebrating one’s accomplishment:
This past week was difficult. I went over on my daily calorie count several times, but managed to still finish 613 calories under my weekly account. It was also a good week for exercise; I managed to get some sort of physical activity in on almost every day. So, good things so far:
- I’m getting better at finding opportunities for exercise.
- Hardly any fast food last week!
- I stayed below my (shrinking) weekly calorie count!
As always, room for improvement:
- Still need to make exercise a daily thing. This has been tough; the only time I have to go for a walk/run on work days is early morning. It’s been hard to wake up at 5AM lately because Eli isn’t sleeping well (He’s teething). If Eli dosen’t sleep well, I don’t either, and that makes it hard to wake up.
- Despite finishing under my weekly calorie count, I still went over several times on my daily counts. I need to keep each day under my daily count.
- I’ve noticed that a lot of my daily intake is from snacking. I need to cut down on snacking, and concentrate on waiting until meal times!
For those of you into stats, here is the weekly report:
Weekly Report for week of March 25, 2013
|613 calories under for the week|
|2,149 exercise calories burned this week|
|Lost 0 pounds this week|
|Fat (g)||Carb (g)||Prot (g)|
* some foods logged on this day are missing this nutrient data